One of the most controversial topics is whether the Aryans invaded India and later settled here and if so from where did they come from?
I have already posted a blog .The Myth called Aryan Invasion’
The scientific research proves that there is no Aryan Invasion at all.
I will be adding some more points to disprove this Myth and before that there are some questions to be answered ,the questions arising out of Ramayana.
Rama and the others ; hailing from the Northerner part of India and if the Ramayana is a fact,which it is( I have posts on this under Hinduism),Lord Rama and others should have been fair-skinned,
But the description of Rama is Blue Black.
This is based on the conception of Lord Vishnu as Black in color.while Lakshmi is Golden (Hiranya varnaam(Sri Suktham), Lord Shiva of Reddish Hue,Parvati of greenish hue, as per the Purana.
But based on geographical origin and the present people living in North India Rama should have been fair-skinned.
We have two options.
1.Ramayana was a fiction.
This is incorrect as the Astronomical data provided in the Ramayana and other Purana stand the test of Science.
Ramayana is a fact.
So we are left with the other option that there have been other skinned people in India before Ramayana and there has been an a mix of various groups having different racial characteristics.
Lord Rama could have been an exception as far as color is concerned.
Others in the Ramayana were not of the same hue as Rama.
Sita was fair-skinned.
Against this Ravana was not described as dark-skinned and he is the brother of Kubera who is fair-skinned and Ravana is a Brahmin though he is described as a Dravidian!
Therefore logic forces one to conclude that there were more races in India than one homogeneous Race in India which included Sri Lanka.
Again if one refers to any of the Eighteen Purana, one would find descriptions of people both black and fair-skinned.
And not all Brahmins were fair-skinned.
For example, Aurava and you can find Brahmins of Dark hue in South India.
The Indian Society expanded outwards, not from outwards.
This is why one finds remnants of Hindu Thoughts in all the continents more specifically Egypt, central America , Australia and the Middle East.
The early Indian Society was based on disposition, Varna, Brahmanas, Kshatriya , Vaishya and Sudras.
Therefore the Brahmins did not come from any where to India and were a part of India Society.
There is a school of thought which establishes that the Dravidian were living South of the Vindhya range and later they mixed with the people from the South.
Sage Viswamitra banished his sons to the South and they intermingled with the Dravidians.
Sage Apasthamba came from this mixed race and he composed the Apasthamba Sutra of the Vedas and it is being followed by the Brahmins of South India even today.
Some more objections to Aryan Invasion of India.
1) If the ‘light skinned and mostly blonde haired and blue eyed’ Aryans had really invaded India and settled here thereafter, then why are such people with pure Caucasian features rarely found in India now? If it is because of centuries of racial intermixing, then how come one can still find some quite dark skinned people in India but not central Asian/ European type ‘white’ skinned people in India? Even the light brown skinned people found in the far north of India in places like Kashmir aren’t as fair as the ‘Aryans’ are considered to be.
2) The Aryans divided themselves into 3 classes. The fourth class was the lowly ‘Shudra’ class, explained by the European historians as the Aryan conquered Dravidians’ class. By this logic, all the high castes, esp. the Brahmins had to be white/ light brown skinned and the people belonging to the ‘Shudra’ class had to be dark brown skinned. And yet, many dark skinned Brahmins and light skinned ‘Shudras‘ can easily be found in India – both in north as well as south. And upon that, inter-caste marriages, esp. high and low caste ones, are still uncommon in almost all parts of India. Another point regarding castes is that – Valmiki, the writer of the great Indian epic ‘Ramayana’, was born a Shudra, but ultimately, by attaining the Brahminical aspect of knowledge earning, spiritual understanding and noble mannerisms, became a Brahmin. ‘Ramayana’ is the story (does not matter if it was factual or myth) of a Kshtriya (Aryan) prince of North India – Lord Rama, who at the climax of the story defeats and kills the demonic king of Sri Lanka (south of India) – Ravana. Now, even though Ravana was a Brahmin (Aryan) by caste, he is considered, in the Indian spiritual folklore, as an UnArya or a non-Aryan, on account of his demonic deeds. This all suggests that caste system, originally, was not rigid, and that, ‘Aryan’ was an open, attainable socio-spiritual status.
3) How come almost all the light brown skinned people in India (considered to be the descedants of the original Aryans) belong to the cold climate locations of India like Kashmir and Himachal and the dark brown skinned (considered to be the Dravidians themselves) belong to the warm climate locations? This suggests that skin colour in India has more do do with the climate and atmosphere of a particular region in India.
4) If the Aryans were outsiders in India, then why do their spiritual-cultural-social compilation ‘The Vedas’ do not mention any outside cities, rivers and mountains? Why do they only mention the places that are found in India, as their sacred most? Why not some place in Caucasus or Iran? Why don’t the Vedas, which contain references to many battles, contain no reference to an ‘invasion’ of the land of Indus-Saraswati (India)? How come the modern descendants of Aryans in India have no recollection of their foreign origins? How come the descendants of Shudras (so called Dasas or Dasyus or Dravidians or indigenous race of India) have no recollection of an Aryan invasion of their land and their subsequent subjugation because of a defeat at the hands of the Aryans?
5) If the Dravidians’ Indus valley civilization met its end at the hands of the invading Aryans, then how come no horse remains, broken chariots and burned buildings were discovered in and around the valley.
- Atomic Explosion Mahabharata Harappa Evidence. (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Lord Rama’s Death Precedes Krishna’s By 200 Years! (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Manu Smriti ,Who A Brahmin Is How To Learn Veda (ramanan50.wordpress.com)