Yet another proof that Tamil and Sanatana Dharma walked hand in hand, nailing the canard perpetrated by the Aryan Invasion Theorists and followed by the Dravidian Parties.
The Kings of Tamil Nadu were democratic and conducted elections regularly at the Village level.
This was organized systematically with Qualification for the Candidates, election observers.
This dates at least 1000 years ago!
I shall be posting about this in detail in a separate article.
Here we shall see how learning the Vedas and at least well versed with one of the commentaries of the Vedas, apart from other qualifications.
This is evident from the Inscriptions of the Chola Kings in Uthiramerur,Tamil Nadu.
- Uttaramerur Inscriptions of Parantaka Chola I (முதலாம் பராந்தகன் )
- Location: Uttaramerur, Kanchipuram Taluk, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
- Chola Emperor: Parantaka Chola I (முதலாம் பராந்தகன்) (907 – 956 AD.)
- Regnal Years: 12th Regnal year (919 AD) inscription 12 lines and 14th Regnal Year (921 AD) inscription 18 lines
- Inscription Language: Tamil
- Inscription Script: Tamil Grantha of 10th century