When I search for the lineage of Kings from South of Vindhyas, i come across information that is startling in terms of its historic value and also how the records in the South in the form of Epigraphs agree with records found in Puran, Ramayana and Mahabharata: and Harivamsa of Kalidasa and Rajatharangini of Kalhana.
I had traced the genealogy of Cholas to Ikshvaku. In the process I was able to identify the Chola Kings of Treta Yug , Dwapara and Kaliyug. I shall be tracing the genealogy y Pandyas and Cheras shortly.
We have more dynasties in South which are ancient. One of them is the Pallava Dynasty to which Mahendra and Mamalla/ Narasimha Pallava belong.These are the kings who have built the wonder that is Mahabalipuram Cave temples.
It is believed that Simha Vishnu founded this dynasty.
Fact is that the Pallava Dynasty was founded by Marutta.( Turvasu Dynasty) ‘Marutta adopted Duṣyanta as his son because Maruttaa had no sons. ( Dushyant a was a King of the Pūru dynasty, .(Bhāgavata, 9th Skandha,) Dushyant’s son was Bharath’ after whom India is named as Bharat.
- Marutta(2) gave his daughter to Dushyanta Paurava and She begot Sarutta who succeeded his maternal Grandfather.
- Daughter of Marutta raised her son Sarutta who became the king of Sindhu Kingdom.
- Andhra (founder of Andhra Kingdom) and Mleccha (Raised Mlechha dynasties)
- Kulya (Prince of Andhra and whose descendants were Pallavas and Tondai Kings),SaruttaAndhra (founder of Andhra Kingdom) and Mleccha (Raised Mlechha dynasties)
- Kulya (Prince of Andhra and whose descendants were Pallavas and Tondai Kings), Chola (Founder of Chola Kingdom and Dynasty), Pandya (Founder of Pandya Kingdom and Dynasty), Kerala (Whose descendants were Cheras) – Because of these kings Dravida Country (Tamil and Sanskrit are the two eyes of this country) was developed.
In his family was born Dushyanta; his son was Bharata and his son was Chola after whose name the Solar race on this earth became known as Chola’ Thiruvalankadu Copperplates
Turvasu’s (the second son of King Yayati) descendants were called Mlecchas (who ruled in Balochisthan) as per Srimad Bagavatha Mahapurana and Dravidas (who ruled in South India). The following kings were the disciples of Sage Agastya (Developed Tamil language and created Kaveri River with the help of Lord Ganesha). He ruled Southern side of Bharatkhand.
- Turvasu (Contemporary to Suryavanshi King Dundhumara)
- Marutta(1) was defeated by Ravana in a duel. (Contemporary to Suryavanshi King Mandhatri, Demon Ravana and Lord Parashurama)
- Marutta(2) gave his daughter to Dushyanta Paurava and She begot Sarutta who succeeded his maternal Grandfather
Check this and related articles.History Of India 1 Ikshvaku To Chandragupta Maurya.