This is in continuation of my article on Prana,Nadi ,Yoga Link.
When one starts writing on these three concepts, it is impossible to write without referring to Siva, The Adhi Yogi.The Siva Samhita is the basis for Prana. The first Yoga was Vaasi Yoga by Siva and as it is difficult for normal people to follow, he directed Patanjali to compose Ashtanga Yoga,which is easier than Vaasi Yoga.
There are 3,50,000 Nadis according to Siva Samhita. There is an interpretation that there are 72,000 Nadis . This is expressed in Nataraja temple , Chidambaram.
References in Vedas to Nadis.
- “The nāḍis penetrate the body from the soles of the feet to the crown of the head. In them is prāṇa, the breath of life and in that life abides Ātman, which is the abode of Shakti, creatrix of the animate and inanimate worlds.” (VU 54/ (Varaha Upanishad)
- 3.6 “In the heart verily is . Here a hundred and one nāḍis arise. For each of these nāḍis there are one hundred nāḍikās. For each of these there are thousands more. In these Vyâna moves.”
- 3.7 “Through one of these, the Udâna leads us upward by virtue of good deeds to the good worlds, by sin to the sinful worlds, by both to the worlds of men indeed.”(Prasna Upanishad)
- In the space outside the Meru, the right apart from the body placed on the left and the right, are the two nadis, Sasi and Mihira. The Nadi Susumna, whose substance is the threefold Gunas, is in the middle. She is the form of Moon, Sun, and Fire even water also; Her body, a string of blooming Dhatura flowers, extends from the middle of the Kanda to the Head, and the Vajra inside Her extends, shining, from the Medhra to the Head( Satchakra Nirupana)
‘Chidambaram temple is based on the Human Body having 9 Entrances denoting Nine Entrances or Orifices of the body.
Temple roof is made of 21600 gold sheets which denotes the 21600 breaths taken by a human being every day (15 x 60 x 24 = 21600).
These 21600 gold sheets are fixed on the Gopuram using 72000 gold nails which denote the total no. of Nadis (Nerves) in the human body. These are invisible energy circuit in our body to transfer energy within human system
There are Four pillars holding the Kanagasabha representing the Four Vedas.
Six pillars at the Artha Mantapa represent the 6 types of Sashtras.
Eighteen pillars in the adjacent Mantapa represents Eighteen Purana.
There are 28 pillars in the Ponnambalam that represent the 28 ways to worship Lord Shiva.
8. The 28 pillars are supported by 64+64 roof beams that represent the 64 arts. On the other hand, the cross beams are used to represent the blood vessels that run across the human body.
Chidambaram: Home of the Nataraja https://www.amazon.in/dp/8185026645/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_T1MA0TKBJDFTWBT9NXR9
One response to “Nadi References Upanishads Chidambaram”
Reblogged this on Desh Dharam Dosti .