It requires a study of Puranas to understand the dynasties of India. While Indians can name the various Dynasties of Europe and the British Dynasty in detail, they cannot name the various Dynasties of India. Worse still, is that they end up claiming India has no History and its history is a myth.
There is no point in blaming them,for Children in India are brought up with a diet of Invaders’ History with a claimer that Indian history is a myth.
There were two Dynasties in India initially.
First human was Vaiwaswatha Manu. His son Ikshvaku founded the Suryavansh,Solar Dynasty.Manu’s Daughter Ila ,by marrying Budha,son of Chandra, founded the Chandravansh, Lunar Dynasty.
There was a king of Chandravansh, Lunar Dynasty,Yayati.
His son Yadu refused Yayati’s wish of exchanging his old age for youth, Yayati forbade Yadu from using the name of Chandravansh. So, Yadu named his progeny as belonging to Yadava Dynasty.
Sri Krishna belongs to the Vrishni branch of Yadava Dynasty.
More articles to follow on the Dynasties of India.
The Hindu epic Mahabharata, the Harivamsha and the Puranas mention Yadu as the eldest son of king Yayati and his queen Devayani. The prince of King Yayati, Yadu was a self-respecting and a very established ruler. According to the Vishnu Purana, the Bhagavata Purana and the Garuda Purana, Yadu had four sons, while according to the rest of the Puranas he had five sons.The kings between Budha and Yayati were known as Somavanshi. According to a narrative found in the Mahabharata, and the Vishnu Purana, Yadu refused to exchange his years of youth with his father Yayati. So he was cursed by Yayati that none of Yadu’s progeny shall possess the dominion under his father’s command.Thereby, he could not have carried on the same dynasty, called Somavamshi. Notably, the only remaining dynasty of King Puru was entitled to be known as Somavamshi. Thereby King Yadu ordered that the future generations of his would be known as Yadavas and the dynasty would be known as Yaduvanshi. The generations of Yadu had unprecedented growth and got divided into two branches.
Reference and citation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yadu
- Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Sloka 38 Padmanabho to Sloka 40 LectureSri Vishnu Sahasranama Lecture Series. Sloka 38 to 40Explained
- Vishnu As Yogi as Described Vishnu Sahasranama SlokaSri Vishnu Sahasranama lecture On Yogi from sloka Vedyo Vaidya Sadha Yogi,Sloka 18.
- Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Poorvaanga 19 to 31 English LectureLecture on Sri Lalita Sahasranama. This sahasranama is used in various modes of worship of the Divine Mother such as parayana (recitations), archana, and homa. A different but less popular version of the Lalita Sahasranama can also be found in the purva bhaga of the Narada Purana. The names are organized as hymns, or stotras, but are often broken into mantras to represent all 1000 names.
- Comprehensive Educational Resources PortalIt is not often I come across an educational portal that is all encompassing ,covers the Educational needs of students from around the world,hobbies
- Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Nyasa Part 1Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Nyasa Basics explained. This forms the first part on Nyasa from my class on Sri Lalitha Sahasranama